Randal created this line illustration of the side view of a Buick to illustrate an computer controlled automotive fuel system. The work was commissioned by a Chicago area ad agency in the 1980’s.
Randal was commissioned by Rich Nickel Design to create an aerial perspective cutaway illustration of a client printing facility. The client was Quantum Graphics, located in suburban Chicago, Illinois. Randal first worked from architectural blueprint drawings to construct a 3D perspective wireframe of the building and the interior components that were to be revealed in the cutaway. Here is the final 3D wireframe aerial perspective model.
Once this view was approved by Quantum and Rich Nickel Design, Randal converted the 3D model to 2D line art and began rendering it using a combination of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop software tools.
The final digital file was supplied to the designer, and used as a 4-color fold out spread in a Quantum Graphics company capabilities brochure. The designer also created a translucent overlay that contained leader lines and captions describing the different areas of this printing plant facility.
Randal Birkey completed this isometric line drawing of a tugboat as a part of a series of illustrations for a ship and barge manufacturing company. This cutaway reveals the bulkheads and inner structure of the tugboat.
Randal Birkey put together this self-promotional ad for the 1997 Black Book.
- Pharmaceutical Product Logo
- Globe – Product Illustration
- Retouched and digitally altered 5 dollar bill with 2 Abe Lincoln’s
- Close-up diagram of a chain product used in a road grader
- Watercolor boot
- Watercolor tractor
- Nascar line drawing sketch
- How to measure for a swimsuit diagram
- 3D clock tower projecting from a 2D blueprint
- 2 whimsical vector art graphs
Randal Birkey put together this self-promotional ad for the 1998 Black Book.
- A series of vector line art icons
- A Nuclear Fission Reactor Core Vessel
- An Atomic Level Fission Nuclear Reaction Diagram
- A Medical Doctor Digital Vector Illustration
- Youth Science Fair Project
- Automotive Engine Turbocharger See-Through Cutaway
- A Harris Branch Bank Architectural Line Illustration